Sunday, January 25, 2015

In the Spotlight + Mini Challenge... Elaine Langford-Pugh

Hi everyone! I am known as Elaine aka Ellapu in Blogland. I am 54 and live in Hampshire, UK. I work full time as an Investigator for Revenue and Customs, UK. I have been in the job for 15 years and love it. 

I suffer chronic pain through having 2 types of arthritis and also suffer with bi-polar - some days I don't make it to work and for the rest I struggle to do so.

I have had 3 abusive marriages - so much so have lived on my own for 16 years. In this time I went University and studied for a degree in Social Policy and Criminology, graduating in 2003.

Not all bad though as I do have an indoor rabbit (Bluebell) rescued from a breeder of snake snacks- I spend much of my time talking to her however without response (much like a man I suppose - hmmmmm!


I have 3 grown up children of whom I am very proud, all trained chefs but not one meal has been made for me but I think that's because I don't like a messed up kitchen lol. My gorgeous children combined have given me 7 beautiful grandchildren - ranging from 8 to 2. The youngest 4 include a set of twins but not identical. Real fun when they all in same space lol. I just love them all so much. (They wear me out!) Pics below.


Alanna aged 8, Blake aged 6, Aiden aged 4,
Harvey and Lili-Mae aged 2,
Freya aged 2 and Mason aged 2.





Recently, November 14th, for Children in Need, I was sponsored to have my hair clippered and wet shaved in my place of work - I raised £2000. The pic below shows myself, being silly along with a colleague who was partaking in ''Movember''.



I have only been into crafting for approximately 7 years starting with card making and I then dived head first into mixed media/altered art. I just love to get messy but not so keen on getting the paint from under my fingernails. Just thought I would share a few of my fave pieces.





All can be found on my blog - HANDCRAFTED BY ELLAPU

I will never be able to sell my creations on a regular basis as I know many people do not appreciate and look down their nose at ''Handmade Gifts''. I will never be able to afford to set up my own business so for the long term I live in hope that someone out there will like my stuff enough to be recognized. No hope and Bob Hope as they say - so many talented people out there. That's fine through as I find it relaxing and therapeutic-so gratifying for oneself.

Anyway that is enough about me and now onto
the mini challenge for January 2015.
I have chosen the theme of  ''SHABBY CHIC''.

I chose a mini ornamental shoe to alter. I painted it with gesso for the basis and over top with rose chalk paint. 



I covered the front, parts of the sides and the sole using mod podge and a paper napkin (beautiful tiny rose design) I used inka gold over the raised bobble part to make it pop. 

I adhered some mini guipere lace and pearl string. 

I then decided to make the shoe practical by covering some wadding with a print fabric and the same lace for the end product - a pin cushion!





Well that is it ladies and gents - I do hope you come join us here for this mini challenge. I for one need to see your creations to inspire me. Please link up your projects below via Linky.

Remember you only have ONE WEEK for this "Shabby Chic" Mini Challenge.

I would love to know how my post inspired you!

~ Elaine


7 comments:

  1. Fabulous family photos Elaine and I just LOVE those shoes!!!! Jennie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your story with us...you are a brave woman shaving for such a good cause and the transformation of your shoe is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you girls much appreciate your comments and Julie not so much brave more stupid as I get talked into most things lol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elaine. ..nice to know about you and your grand children are adorable. They must be giving you so much joy. Those shoes are beautiful. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just found this challenge Elaine...hoping I can join in before the deadline...hugs from me xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was wonderful to know more about you.You have a beautiful family and your grandbabies are adorable.:-).Loved your project.The transformation was excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Made it in time...great challenge Elaine....loves ya...xx

    ReplyDelete