Sunday, November 9, 2014

Whatever Strikes Your #Cre8time Fancy... Week 2 of Anything But a Card Challenges No. 41 -- Anything Goes

Good Morning Everyone! Last Sunday we launched a BRAND NEW Challenge No. 41 here at Anything But a Card Challenges! CLICK HERE if you missed the amazing creations by our week one team of designers when ANYTHING GOES at Cre8time!


The current Challenge... is OPEN! We all love a good prompt to inspire us and let us stretch our creative muscle. With the holiday season fast approaching... we want to see what you're creating! For Anything But a Card Challenges No. 41 is ANYTHING GOES. Share you're creations, whatever it may be... scrapbooking, collage, ATCs, tags, art journal pages, altered shrines... whatever tickles your muse and her fancy!

* * * * * * * * * * * *

Please share any current project you have created and JUST REMEMBER... create anything EXCEPT a card for this challenge. Please do us the favor to mention and LINK BACK to this challenge using this permalink so that your readers may find us and play along and to be eligible for TOP 3 selection. ALSO - Please new projects only {no-backlinking}. :)
http://anythingbutacard.blogspot.com/2014/11/starting-november-with-cre8time-fun-for.html

**A REMINDER** This Challenge will go through midnight November 22nd giving you 2 weeks to play along and ENJOY the creative process! We will share more of our Design Team's creations each Sunday to keep you inspired.

Let's see what part of our DT has created!!

Please click on the designers' name to visit their blog. We hope you’ll take a minute to go see their work up close... and as long as you’re there – please leave them a little love!


An altered wall plaque which was originally a wooden wedding invite. I have chose soft colors and the textures on the board are hand drawn using home made texture paste filled inside a plastic paper cone! A distressed and weathered wooden plaque with some "Crafty Quotes" which am sure all of you will associate with! For more details, do visit my BLOG


For my project this month, I decided to make some handmade tiles. I used some cut outs from various paper collections and diecut elements, chipboard and dimensional magic for the tile like hard finish. I then used these tiles to decorate some boxes. Here's one of them. For more examples of such boxes visit my BLOG.


I altered an old box base and I used black velvet to line it. I then altered a mask I bought from a car boot sale. painted and decorated using broken jewelry. Voila! A Hanging box frame. Visit my BLOG to see more details.


New products from smaller companies often lead me on a creative adventure. There aren't recipes and lots of advertising so you get to explore for yourself. That's what I have done with this piece. It's taken me a while as there are another two to go with it. They have been designed for a specific location in our home. Want to know what I used and what I did? You'll have to visit my BLOG!


My boyfriend and I take road trips on his days off and just head off to routes unknown. I thought I would make a scrapbook of our travels using pictures that we have taken. The album is made using Cricut Elegant Edges Cartridge book page where I can write various comments in the open area with white pen. As our travels grow larger the book can be expanded as I have used a binder ring which has been embellished with various charms that has been used to hold the pages together - come travel with me and check out my travel book at Her Craftiness.



This is a project I intended to do more than a year ago, and now I am happy to have finally put this wonderful Advent Calendar together. Christmas is my favorite holiday, and celebrating Christ’s birth and all that means is a big part of our family Christmas. Now I am ready to share this with my sons when December First rolls around! Visit my BLOG for more details.



This little mermaid was done with water colors and gel pens on water color paper.  She is so sweet with her little fish friends swimming all around her. I get some of my inspiration living by the ocean, and I never get tired of drawing a lovely mermaid. All sweetness and fairytales, that's what I think of when I create one. I hope this picture is an inspiration to some of you. If you would like to see more of my work please visit my BLOG.

***********************

We hope our designers have you INSPIRED to take some time to be creative!! We can't wait to see your creations and we hope that you will join in and share them with us! Stop back next Sunday to see more of our Design Team creations!


4 comments:

  1. Wonderful projects by the DT and what a wide variety of projects.I am so glad that I am on the team.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi i dont have a blog .. can i participate ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! There are several ways you can upload and submit via inLinkz. Visit this link that tells you more...
      http://blog.inlinkz.com/2013/07/new-add-link-page/

      Delete