Sunday, October 12, 2014

"Autumn Magic / Spring Wonder" Anything But a Card Challenges No. 40 - Week 2

Good Morning Everyone! Last Sunday we launched a BRAND NEW Challenge No. 40 here at Anything But a Card Challenges! CLICK HERE if you missed the fabulous creations by our designers celebrating the seasons of fall, of spring... or BOTH!

Just a reminder as there seems to be a bit of confusion this go round... THIS CHALLENGE IS NOT AN OPEN THEME. Please read below for instructions and prompt for the theme "Autumn Magic/Spring Wonder" for Anything But a Card Challenges No. 40.


The current Challenge... is one that is in celebrating the change of seasons. For Anything But a Card Challenges No. 40 use the prompt "Autumn Magic / Spring Wonder" to inspire your muse. Since we have two hemispheres that are on opposite seasons, we thought that we would include both seasons in this challenge. So those of us coming out of winter can create and celebrate spring and those of us starting to feel the heat of summer fade away can create for the autumn season... or if you are inclined – combine the two as some of our designers have done.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

Please share any current project you have created and JUST REMEMBER... create anything EXCEPT a card for this challenge. Please mention and LINK BACK to this challenge { http://anythingbutacard.blogspot.com/2014/10/celebrating-seasons-of-change-for-week.html }. ALSO - Please new projects only {no-backlinking}. :)

**A REMINDER** This Challenge will go through midnight October 25th giving you 2 weeks to play along and ENJOY the creative process! We will share more of our Design Team's creations each Sunday to keep you inspired.

Let's see what part of our DT has created!!

Please click on the designers' name to visit their blog. We hope you’ll take a minute to go see their work up close... and as long as you’re there – please leave them a little love!


I have created a rustic candle holder in autumnal colors! The candle holder is an altered brown tape ring... lots of textures, layers of color and bejeweled too! The leaves are all treated to different techniques... distress crackle, UTEE, heat embossing, stamping and inking. The vintage image has been given a shattered glass look. Please visit my BLOG for more details.


For my inspiration piece I attempted to create a mixed media painting of Autumn woods. It has some awesome texture owing to the use of layers of Gesso, crackle, paints, Washi tape and mica flakes. Check out my BLOG to see some close ups and information on how this was done.


I created this birdhouse altered using paint, stamps, Tim Holtz Ranger Distress Inks, and moss coloured using Dylusions Sprays. Visit my BLOG to see my creative twist on Challenge No. 40!



"Everyone must take time to sit and watch the leaves turn"... Elizabeth Lawrence
Hi there everyone, wherever you are in the world you are either watching the season turn to spring or fall. Using a picture frame I found on clearance,  I created a window for watching the seasons turn. I used Flower Soft on all my foliage for some wonderful dimension and texture. Drop by my BLOG to view more pictures and my Snapguide website for a step by step tutorial.


Fall is my very most favorite time of the year and I may have got carried away with my projects not only for fall but for Halloween and Thanksgiving {three in all}! This is a mini wall hanging using a simple pattern from Nancy Halversen Such An Angel with just a few minor alterations - since when do I ever follow a pattern step-by-step! Come check out my projects along with all instructions at Her Craftiness - I can't wait to see what your creations are!



My artful presentation for a seasonal fragrance candle. This would make a wonderful hostess gift for Thanksgiving, or a great way to decorate your home for the Autumn season. Check out my BLOG for a tutorial and additional photos and Celebrate Beauty! 



This picture was done using Pan Pastels on water color paper. This is a sweet gypsy girl enjoying a walk on a lovely Fall Day. She looks like she may be dreaming about her sweetheart. If you would like to see more of my work please visit my BLOG

***********************

We hope our designers have you INSPIRED to take some time to be creative!! We can't wait to see your creations and we hope that you will join in and share them with us! Stop back next Sunday to see more of our Design Team creations!


2 comments:

  1. Fabulous creations for this week too.Truly inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great takes on the theme by all. Lovely creations Ladies.

    ReplyDelete