Sunday, September 28, 2014

Announcing the NEW Anything But a Card Challenges Designers and one more week of STEAMPUNKtember!

Happy Sunday Everyone! A few weeks back we put out a call to grow our team of Designers here at Anything But a Card Challenges. Thank you to everyone who submitted – there were so many fabulously creative applicants {which made the job of selecting a little difficult}. So today we announce our newest additions... ten amazing creatives which bring the ABAC Design Team to twenty! Some may be familiar faces as they have played along with our challenges along with you. SO say hello to the new ladies as we celebrate by extending STEAMPUNKtember one more week!


The current Challenge... is one that is near and dear to most of our creative heARTs so we have brought this one back again. For Anything But a Card Challenges No. 39 - welcome to "STEAMPUNKtember"!!! YES... Steampunk!!! Anything Goes within this ever popular genre!

Popular Collage Stamp from Darkroom Door

Victorian, Airships, Industrial & Mechanical – need we say more!!! The theme is full of so many possibilities. Just remember create anything except a card... get GEARED up for all things Steampunk!!!

* * * * * * * * * * * *

Please share any current project you have created and JUST REMEMBER... create anything EXCEPT a card for this challenge. ALSO - Please new projects only {no-backlinking}. Please do us the favor to mention Anything But a Card Challenges, Challenge Name and Number, and LINK BACK to this challenge using this PERMALINK:
http://anythingbutacard.blogspot.com/2014/09/welcome-to-steampunktember-anything-but.html  :)

This Challenge has been extended one more week through Saturday October 4th for you to play along, be inspired by our new designers and ENJOY the creative process! We will have a brand new challenge next Sunday.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

Welcome to our new DESIGNERS
and their Steampunktember creations!!

Please click on the designers' name to visit their blog. We hope you’ll take a minute to go see their work up close... and as long as you’re there – please give them a warm ABAC welcome and show them a little {or a lot of} love!



An altered box using various paints, old chains and wooden cogs made to look aged. Please visit my blog Handcrafted by Ellapu for more details.




I'm excited to be a part of the Anything But A Card Design Team, but wondered what I got myself into when the first project due was "Steampunk" - I have NOTHING steampunk related! A search online for a digital steampunk kit to download and I was on my way to creating a project with the digital scrapbook software I use... in fact I created two! Please visit my blog for more details.



For STEAMPUNKtember, I created an art journal vision featuring cogs, weathered clock, metal foil, blue print and self-rusted found objects. Come and visit my blog to see all the textures.



Mixed media project using a canvas for a shadow box, I filled it with "Steampunk Absurdities". Please visit my blog "StudioGarageBand" for more details.



I tried my hand at a reverse canvas. The texture is created by using die cut gears, stencils and modelling paste. I used Ranger Color wash and some Lindy's sprays for colour. The colourful heart on the left is made out of chipboard, covered with embossed aluminum foil tape and alcohol inked. Please visit my blog to see more details.



I'm thrilled to be one of the newest members of this phenomenal Design Team and thank them for adding me!!!! For my project today, I used my embroidery machine with a design from Urban Threads as a free-standing Steampunk Clockwork Snowflake Ornament with the pendulums as keys from Miriam's Crafting Supplies, brad holding the clock hands that they are moveable along with a gear on top of the brad. Please visit my blog for more details.



I usually don't do Steampunk, but I had made a few Steampunk Fairies for a Glass House Project I did and had them saved on my computer. I printed her, touched up the color and cut her out for this project. I also had some gears in my stash and to my surprise I had a Steampunk Heart Die, so it all came together. I hope this looks good enough to be considered a Steampunk Project. I did a video on this, if anyone would like to see how I made this. It won't be up for a few days or so I have to edit. Please drop my blog for more details!




After a lot of struggle, this being my first attempt in this genre... and surprisingly I enjoyed making it! Please visit my blog "TOFA" for more details.


 

I had a blast creating my version of STEAMPUNKtember! I've done a composition book cover before, but not with dimensional elements. I found vinyl covers made for composition books at Wal-mart, so YEAH! This is a very usable project. I don't know if my sons will get this one or not... I might just keep it for myself. Please visit my blog for more details.



This is my first EVER DT project and I was so pleased when I heard we could make something STEAMPUNK... I have to confess I did a little dance in my craft room!! I love all things steampunk and this is what I came up with. Please visit my blog "Jo's Crafty Corner" for more details.

* * * * * * * * * * * * *

We hope our NEW Designers have you INSPIRED to take some time to be creative!! Please take a little time to get to know these amazing ladies. We can't wait to see your Steampunk creations and we hope that you will join in and share them with us! Stop back next Sunday to for a brand new Challenge No. 40.  :)

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous projects by all the new DTs and I am thrilled to be a part of the talented team.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow fabulous projects everyone - just amazing ! and so pleased to have you all on the team. ABAC followers will have a ball enjoying you wonderful projects. Jennie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to you all. What an array of different and exciting makes. I hope you enjoy your ABAC journey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Huge congratulations to the new DT members. Stunning makes from very talented crafters.
    Best wishes Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to all the new design team members. Absolutely LOVE all the projects. Congrats

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for such a warm welcome, so excited to be a part of this wonderfully creative team !

    ReplyDelete