Sunday, November 24, 2013

In the Spotlight + Mini Challenge with ...
Susan M. Brown {sbartist}

Good afternoon all! My sincerest apologies - yesterday was jam-packed and a very long day and this girl needed to sleep in and let the muse rest. My name is Susan and I love purple paint! My blog is sbartist : painting in the dark. I invite you to drop in for a visit and follow me too... I'm always on some sort of creative adventure.


So I will share the short of it here (and I'll share some longer ramblings HERE)...

I'm a mixed media artist & graphic designer : Dabbling in photography, assemblage, collage and whatever strikes my fancy. My blog is entitled sbartist : painting in the dark – pretty self explanatory. I lurk around in the dark creating art while all in the world are asleep. I spend my days working in a busy print shop doing my computer wizardry producing printed materials.

http://sbartist.blogspot.com/2012/02/tutorial-making-permanent-wish-using.html

Creatively speaking... Not only am I one of the designers and also your Den Mother here at the Anything But a Card Challenges Blog... but also I’m Creative Team Coordinator & Senior Designer for Alumilite Corp. a.k.a. Amazing Crafting Products Design Team {I'm the queen of Amazing Mold Putty}; Designer on the Viva Las VegaStamps! Design Team; and designer and co-admin of the Unscripted Sketches Design Team. I also previously served a couple of other teams including the Sakura Hobby Craft Design Team. ABAC is a labor of love and gives me a sense of joy and accomplishment each week as we collectively share our love for creating.


I LOVE... my husband, Travel, Painting and drawing - OK let's just lump ALL THINGS art related together here; Def Leppard; ALL things PURPLE; found objects {i'm always picking up stuff off the ground}; Salvador DALI; RECYCLING and repurposing things; artistic challenges; SWAP art; throwing paint; BBQ Pork; chocolate mint ice cream; Bubble baths and afternoon naps; street painting; Twizzlers and Lemonheads; GOOGLIE eyes; my MINI Cooper {now in it's 4th regeneration}; going
to Art Museums; and painting in the dark...

Being a creative spontaneous spirit – in my experience this has made for some amazing and sometimes tumultuous adventures...


For as long as I can remember I loved making things and this is still true today. This altered book page features a photo of me age two that I've devilishly painted myself with chocolate cake... So I think I started my creative journey really young {and I'm still not very fond of chocolate cake}.


My very first design team was Unscripted Sketches and my first project was of all things a scrapbook page including recycled bottle caps.

   http://sbartist.blogspot.com/2013/08/woyww-how-to-pack-artful-lunch.html

My style is varied and unique - ranging from cardmaking, tags, and mixed-media - to altered art, mini-albums and off-the-page whimsies. In observing my creations one thing was strikingly clear - RECYCLING. Recently I have made a more conscious effort of it - but looking back... I was always doing it. More often than not I have included all sorts things that others would discard and this made me SMILE!


So for your mini challenge I found this so easy to decide... I challenge you to RECYCLE IT!!! Try greencrafting – repurpose items destined for the bin into something beautiful, useful and new again. Go rummage your recycling bin - or your crafty stash - and create something wonderful out of something most take for granted. GO GREEN!!!

I do hope you'll play along this week with the
"RECYCLE IT" Challenge
and can't wait to see how you THINK GREEN. 

Wishing you all a wonderful Thanksgiving and Chanukkah!
Please join us next Sunday for a brand new Challenge - No. 30. Have a great week! Sb



If you love our mission here and want to be a part of this fabulous team of creatives, please contact me {amazingcrafting at yahoo dot com}.

5 comments:

  1. YOU ARE AMAZING AND AN INSPIRATION TO ANYONE WHO IS CREATIVE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous challenge Susan and a great inspiration to all of us! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great post - and what a fab challenge!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to hear about the artists I admire :) Fabulous challenge ~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely creations by Susan. Thanks for the chance to link up. I follow you through Bloglovin.

    ReplyDelete